September 19, 2007

Gotta Hand It To You...

When I saw that Chief had grabbed up Tarvarias Jackson with the first overall pick in the failure league, I thought he was taking a huge gamble. And after week 1 when T-Jack didn't look half bad, I was further convinced. But after the last trainwreck and the supposed "groin injury" I've got to say Chief is smarter than me (that makes me better at failing though, right?).

"Vikings coach Brad Childress says he's convinced Tarvaris Jackson is "more than ready" to be an NFL quarterback. Let's give Childress the benefit of the doubt and assume he's lying."

This is exactly why the Vikes were a smart choice by Cap'n Nani. They were a bit of a gamble, but one that I believe will pay big dividends. Unless of course T-Jacks "groin injury" loses him his starting job. But wait, Brad wouldn't lie about that to save his own skin would he? Of course not. A man with his upstanding character and forthcoming personality would never even think to mislead his beloved faithful. Unless that giant, five chinned ego got in the way.

That's why the Vikings - and Tarvarias - are doomed. It's not necessarily because history says this team will disappoint even the die hardest fans. It's not because they're "rebuilding." It's because they have a coach who is not a real NFL head coach and they have a QB that isn't a real NFL QB. That's why I should've picked them both. First.

Alas, I got stuck with a team that benched their QB in the first quarter then traded him before their second game. Oh, I had the QB too.

I love this league. Here's hoping Andre Johnson's done for the year. That way I won't have to worry about taking a bunch of flak for his success thus far.

1 comment:

Drew Boatman said...

Here's the great thing about T-Jack's crotch injury... if he goes down and can't finish the season, I'm immediately taking Brooks Bollinger. Because he plays like his name sounds - feminine. I think I saw him sporting a Coach purse on the sidelines last week. When he was put into the game he played every snap with one hand holding his make-up kit. He's probably even MORE of a failure than T-Jack, but if he's in they won't pass as much, so he's not worth as many points. Yeah, the QB situation in Vikings land hasn't been this bad since they started Jim McFuckingMahon and Warren Moon.