December 20, 2011

Finally, a McCown is back at QB

As you may have seen, Josh McCown has been tabbed as this week's starting QB against the Packers.  And I'm sure there are lots of things to say about that such as "GRAB 20 DOLLARS OUT OF MY BILLFOLD AND PUT IT ON THE PACK, I'LL BE DOWN AFTER I BRUSH MY TEETH."

But that's not important to me.  Have you ever thought about the things you do in your life, and wonder if you could possibly look at your life from an outside perspective, exactly what would that life look like?

I'll tell you what it looks like:


I love the internet because you can't hide what you truly are when you are surfing around.  I wish there was an app that just read back every website you visited that day on your way home from work.  Like GPS in your car, but instead of reading directions, the voice just rehashes things you saw.  "Deadspin, Packers press conference, The Hot Glove, Article about how to make two pies at once, How to cure bacon, stomach stapling surgery", etc.

Well, when I logged onto Wikipedia to check out Mr. McCown's illustrious career, I came face to face with my own internet Moment of Clarity.  Look at those visited links.  First, NFL Draft 2002, I mean hey, that's ok.  I wanted to see who the Pack took... AIIIIII those were the Sherman years, weren't they?  Javon Walker... and CRAP.  Anyway, you might expect me to, at one point, at least have clicked on one of those NFL teams to get more information.  Weren't the Bears formerly called the Cardinals or whatever?  What about the Raiders changing cities and Al Davis and all that?  Nope.  Not interested.

But the Hartford Colonials?  Yep, I been there.

It's kind of a realization of life's priorities.  When you see a list of links and the only one you've clicked on is UFL team.  Really puts it in perspective.

------------------------------------------------------

PS, shouldn't even need to point out this paragraph, it's too obvious.



No comments: