April 28, 2008

Zito Ackbar Teezo!

That is my attempt at Arabic.

Anyway, I'm going to go out on a limb and give myself a bonus point for this.

"It's an option, for sure," Bochy said after the game. "We have to do something different, there's no getting around that. We can't keep doing what we are doing. We have to get this guy right."
Anyway, when a guy gets sent to the bullpen, I don't think that's necessarily grounds for a bonus point, however this is a different deal. They signed him to a 126 million dollar contract. He was the highest paid pitcher in all of baseball. THEY SIGNED HIM BEFORE LAST SEASON. This would be like the Mets putting Senor Gasolina in the pen next year. I think in this case, this is the closest they can possibly come to optioning him to AAA. I mean, they can't cut him, and Jesus knows they can't trade him. So what do you do when you want a guy whom you are giving 18 million dollars a year to STOP PITCHING? You put him in the bullpen.

Fan fucking tastic. Redraft? Yeah right.

God do I have good pitchers.

4 comments:

Sam said...

Bonus point seconded.

The move to the bullpen is an unmitigated disaster. We all know that under NFL rules he'd have been cut prior to the spring training.

Dickfer said...

Bonus point yes. You're on fire.

Drew Boatman said...

This month might be the greatest month in Failure Fantasy history for Young Zito. Look at those numbers. Jesus.

Jake MacDonald said...

I concur. God is he bad.