August 10, 2008

Rub some dirt in it

Lee out 6-8 weeks with broken pinkie: Houston slugger Carlos Lee was placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday night because of a broken left pinkie and is expected to miss 6-to-8 weeks. Lee left the Astros' game at Cincinnati in the third inning Saturday night after getting hit by a pitch. "It's tough to lose him," manager Cecil Cooper said after Houston's 3-1 win. "It didn't look good. He carried us the last month-and-a-half. It's a big hole to fill, but we're capable of filling it. I'm just now starting to suck it up."
(Updated 08/09/2008).

Weak.

I will take Jose Guillen from KC for the "I just signed a big contract and don't want to be here anymore, trade me now" factor.

2 comments:

Drew Boatman said...

Mr. Nani already has him.

Try again.

Fail.

Dickfer said...

Fine.

I'll Prince Fielder from August 11th on.

You know Manny Parra isn't the only person that has it coming on that team.